Kombucha is a fermented probiotic health drink which helps to improve our gut bacteria and yeast, detox our system and boost our immune system. It is an fermented drink made with green or black tea.
QUANTITY: 1 Kombucha scoby with 1/2 cup Kombucha Starter, Free Shipping any where in India.
ORDER NOW FREE DELIVERY WITHIN BANGALORE
- Starter Kit includes Kombucha Scoby to ferment minimum 1 liter per batch.
- We offer Kombucha Scoby disk soaked in fermented Kombucha Tea through courier. The Scoby will be fresh, active and healthy upto 15 days in transit.
How do we send the Kombucha Scoby to you?
- We send by courier within same or next working day
- We send the started culture in a pouch safely packed.
- The Kombucha will be safe in packing for 15 days, the courier will reach within 2-5 working days anywhere in India.
- Clean Glass Jar (Jar mouth to be wide enough to put your fingers/scrubber to wash thoroughly)
- Kitchen Towel / Close knit cloth (To avoid house flies and dust)
- Rubber Band (To tighten the cloth covering the jar mouth)
(For 1 Liter Batch) (Proportionately you can increase the volume of the batch)
- 1 Kombucha Tea scoby + Starter Tea
- 1 Liter Drinking Water
- 2 Tablespoon Organic Black or Green Tea Leaves or 2 Bags of Tea Leaves
- 4 Tablespoon Sulphurless Sugar
- Rubber band
- Breathable Cloth to cover
- Boil the water in a vessel, remove the vessel from the stove and add tea leaves or dip the tea bags and let it remain.
- Add the sugar and dissolve it.
- Allow the brewed tea to rest until the tea reaches the room temperature.
- Pour the clear tea (without any leaves, residue or tea bag) to the glass jar, make sure the tea should not reach the brim of the jar.
- Place the Kombucha scoby disk and pour the starter tea, allow some space between the brim and tea.
- Cover the mouth of the jar with clean cloth and fasten with rubber band to avoid insects.
- Place the jar in a well ventilated room, away from children and sunlight.
- Ferment for minimum 7 days for a light taste of Kombucha tea, maximum 15 days for a stronger taste. You can notice a layer of Scoby (baby scoby) produced on the surface of the tea, wait until the baby scoby gets firm and you smell a pleasant aroma of fermentation.
- Once you are ready to take out fermented tea, save the mother scoby and baby scoby along with sufficient starter tea for next batch.
- Bottle the fermented Kombucha tea and store in fridge for consumption. You can also flavor the tea with mint leaves, basil leaves, ginger, lemon pieces, berries etc.,. after bottling.
Kombucha Tea contains high quantity of good bacteria and yeast, and it will be acidic in nature (healthful lactic acid, pH around 3-5) Few of them with low immunity will react differently, so we would advice everyone to start this drink in low quantity (1 or 2 spoons per day to start for 2-3 days), if you are comfortable you can increase the quantity gradually over a period of time.
Kombucha is not recommended for children under 5, pregnant women, lactating women and people who had surgery.