You can make your own diary-free water kefir probiotic rich drink, water kefir and fruit juice kefir at your home by purchasing organic kefir starter grains online from us!
Water kefir grains helps you to prepare carbonated kefir drink using pure water and sweetner like jaggery powder, coconut sugar or raw cane sugar. You can also prepare fantastic tasting coconut water kefir, fruit juice kefir, and flavored delicious beverages.
Organic Water Kefir Grains
(FREE: Double mesh strainer, Wooden Spoon Instruction manual & courier service)
ORDER NOW FREE DELIVERY WITHIN BANGALORE
- Package contains Gluten free water kefir grains & FREE Double Mesh Strainer.
- Size of the grains – 2mm to 5 mm.
- These grains can be used to ferment jaggery, sugar, fruit juices, and tender coconut water.
- Kefir grains are reusable and grows well provided the right feed and atmosphere.
- 2 tablespoon kefir grains can ferment upto 1/2 liter daily.
- We send by courier safely packed, the grains will be fresh, active and healthy upto 15 days in transit.
- The courier will reach within 4-5 working days from the date of dispatch.
How do we send the Kefir Grains to you?
- We send by speed post / courier within same or next working day
- We pack the water kefir grains in a food safety plastic container mixed with jaggery to be nourished in transit.
- The kefir will be safe in packing for 15 days, the courier will reach within 2-5 working days anywhere in India.
- Once you receive you it, unpack, strain the water kefir grains and add to the fermenting jar with 200-500 ml of room temperature water and jaggery/sugar solution.
- Ferment for 24 hours and separate the kefir water and kefir grains following the instructions.
- Clean Glass Jar (Jar mouth to be wide enough to put your fingers/scrubber to wash thoroughly)
- A plastic/nylon strainer (Double mesh nylon strainer is best to separate the grains and ready kefir milk.)
- Kitchen Towel / Close knit cloth (To avoid house flies and dust)
- Rubber Band (To tighten the cloth covering the jar mouth)
- Plastic/wooden Spoon ( to separate the grains and kefir milk while seiving)
Ingredients Needed For 1/2 Liter Batch
- Water Kefir Grains
- 500 ml of drinking water
- 3-4 Tablespoon of Organic sugar / Jaggery Powder
- Add 1/2 liter of drinking and 3-4 tablespoon of sugar/organic jaggery powder to the jar and stir well.
- Place the water kefir grains in the sweet water.
- Cover the jar mouth securely with clean kitchen cloth and secure with the rubber band.
- Place the jar in a well ventilated place in your kitchen until the kefir is cultured, minimum for 24-48 hours. You can smell sourness, tastes bit vinegary and sweetness reduced.
- Now, you can separate the water and kefir grains using the strainer and plastic spoon.
- You can repeat the process for next batch by place kefir grains directly into a fresh, clean jar and pour sweet water.