We offer genuine and traditional kefir grains which has been organically grown from original grains using traditional methods with whole fat organic milk. Our whole family enjoy the fermented kefir drink on a daily basis, right from our elders to our childrens at home. We meticulously feed and gently handle the grains to give you the best quality. We ferment in a clean equipment and smoke free home and never contact with metal or any sort of chemicals.
Traditional milk kefir grains includes around 35 strains of healthy bacterias including Lactic acid bacteria (Lactobacillus delbrueckii bulgaricus Lactococcus lactis lactis, Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus casei pseudoplantarum, Lactobacillus helveticus, and Lactobacillus brevis), and Acetic acid bacteria too. Yeasts varieties include Saccharomyces, Torulopsis, and Kluyveromyces.
QUANTITY: 18 Grams Kefir Grains, Free Shipping any where in India. Free Wooden Spoon & Free Double Mesh Strainer
We also accept Paytm or NEFT Transfer, please send a WhatsApp message to 9448712379 for further details.
- Starter Kit includes 18 Grams of Organic Milk Kefir Grains, to culture 500ml to 1000 ml of milk., (Includes FREE Wooden Spoon & FREE Double mesh strainer)
- Re-usable heirloom kefir grains
- Multiplies over a period of time when properly fed and taken care.
- We send kefir grains soaked in milk through courier. The grains will be fresh, active and healthy upto 12 days in transit.
- Courier will reach within 3 - 4 working days.
- Clean Glass Jar (Jar mouth to be wide enough to put your fingers/scrubber to wash thoroughly)
- A plastic/nylon strainer (Double mesh nylon strainer is best to separate the grains and ready kefir milk.)
- Kitchen Towel / Close knit cloth (To avoid house flies and dust)
- Rubber Band (To tighten the cloth covering the jar mouth
- Plastic/wooden Spoon ( to separate the grains and kefir milk while seiving)
- 1 Tablespoon full of Organic Kefir Grains
- Half liter or One full liter of full fat milk (Pasturised milk can be directly used without boiling, if you are using raw milk from the local vendor, you should boil it and cool it before using)
- Pour fresh milk over your kefir grains in a clean glass jar. We suggest you not fill your jar all the way to the brim of the jar.
- Give a gentle stir to the milk and kefir grains using plastic spoon.
- Cover the jar mouth securely with clean kitchen cloth and secure with the rubber band.
- Place the jar in a warm and well ventilated place in your kitchen until the kefir is cultured.
- Start checking your kefir at about 12 hours. It can take 24 hours or more to get your kefir to set the way you like it. Use your eyes and your nose: if your kefir has separated a bit, thickens, and smells tangy and yeasty, it’s probably done.
- Now, you can separate the kefir milk and kefir grains using the strainer and plastic spoon.
- You can repeat the process for next batch by place kefir grains directly into a fresh, clean jar and pour new milk on top. Leave on the counter to immediately start another batch.
How to consume Kefir Milk (Suggestions)
- We personally feel kefir tastes best consumed in a smoothie. Sour fruits (such as mangoes, kiwi, raspberries or strawberries) pair well with the tanginess of the kefir. You can add a bit of maple syrup or organic honey to even out the tartness.
- You can also use kefir as a Indian traditional buttermilk substitute.
Important note: If you aren’t used to drinking kefir, you might want to start slowly to allow your body to get accustomed to the extra probiotics.